MEG Engineers is pre-certified by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
Design and Remedy Analysis:
With more than 25 years of experience in design and consulting work, experts from MEG can provide consulting service for a wide range of geo-structure projects from small projects, mid-sized projects to major projects with complicated geo-structures and difficult soil conditions. Our team of professionals can assist you in the following areas:
- Earth Structure (MSE/GRS Wall) Analysis and Design
- Deep Foundation Design, Recommendations and Remedy Analysis
- Shallow Foundation Design and Remedy Analysis
- Slope Stability and Earth Structure Analysis
- Settlement and Seepage Analysis
- Pavement Analyses and Design
- Soil-Structure Interaction Analysis
- Remedies for Structures and Foundations from Design and Construction Problems
- Post Failure Analysis and Repair for Foundations and Geo-structures
- Geo-Fabric Applications and Reinforced Slope Design.
- Drilled Pier Inspection and Pile Driving Observations
Meet our Team
Thang Pham, PhD, P.E.
Dr. Pham received his PhD in Geotechnical Engineering from University of Colorado (2009). Dr. Pham has taught eleven (11) different engineering courses at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, from undergraduate courses such as Structural Analysis, Senior Design to graduate courses such as Advanced Geotechnical Engineering. He had experience working at Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center, US Federal Highway Administration, Washington DC.
Dr. Pham was the Deputy General Director, Vietnam Institute for Building Science and Technology, the largest and most influential institute in civil engineering in Vietnam. The appointment was the second highest position in the institute that has 600+ employees, with 58 PhD’s from around the world, and 10 national laboratories.
For his 25+ years of the career, Dr. Pham has been involved in hundreds of civil engineering projects, roles as a project manager, a consultant, a principal investigator, designing, reviewing, and overseeing projects. He was in “Vietnam geotechnical engineering committee” which has about 10 best geotechnical engineers in Vietnam, that is responsible quality control of the most important civil engineering projects in the country.
Dr. Pham is the faculty advisor for UTRGV Geowall Team, and with his expertise in design, he successful lead the team to win 2nd Place in the GeoWall National Student Competition at GeoCongress- Minneapolis in 2020.